Easy stuffed flounder fillets are topped with a flavorful tomato-basil sauce. This is a great everyday meal for the family, or make it for a special occasion.
Baked Stuffed Flounder With Crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 pounds flounder fillets
- 2 cups diced tomatoes with juice or 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, cook the onions and bell pepper in butter until tender; add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove the onion and garlic to a plate.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of butter to the skillet and place over medium heat. Add the spinach, a little at a time, until wilted. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Place a fish fillet on a plate; spread with the cooked spinach and sprinkle with some of the cooked onion and garlic mixture. Roll up and place in a shallow lightly buttered baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Combine the diced tomatoes with the basil and remaining onion and garlic mixture; taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over and around the stuffed fillets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|