- 5 large eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon lemon-colored; gradually add 1/3 cup of the granulated sugar, the lemon juice, and the lemon zest.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until almost stiff; gradually beat in the remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold yolk mixture into the beaten whites.
- Sift dry ingredients into a separate bowl; add to egg mixture, folding in carefully. Fold in melted butter.
- Pour batter into the parchment paper-lined 10x15x1-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 375 F for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Turn onto a clean kitchen towel which has been generously dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Trim edges, if necessary; roll cake up, towel and all, while still warm. Let cool completely. Unroll and fill with whipped cream or ice cream, lemon curd or this blueberry lemon curd, or a layer of jam and a thin layer or whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Re-roll the cake and slice to serve.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|