A rotisserie chicken, hot from the grocery store, is a wonderful meal starter if you don't want to use it as a meal in itself. The chicken is tender and juicy, and someone else has done all the work for you. One 3.5-pound chicken will yield 4-5 cups of sliced or shredded meat, both dark and white. These delicious recipes all start with rotisserie chicken.
Always keep food safety in mind when working with chicken.
The rotisserie chicken should be very hot when you buy it - too hot to touch comfortably with your fingers. Put the chicken in your cart last, just before you check out, and go straight home with it.
The two-hour time limit on letting perishable foods sit at room temperature starts the second you take the chicken from the hot case at the grocery store - not when you get it home. Make sure you refrigerate the chicken immediately and freeze any leftovers after two days.
Enjoy these easy and delicious recipes using rotisserie chicken.
Start With Rotisserie Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos - Turn Buffalo Chicken Wings into tacos with this fun and fast recipe. It's so delicious and quick to make.
- Chicken Alfredo - This creamy, cheesy and comforting casserole is super easy to make, with just five ingredients
- Updated Chicken or Turkey Mornay - Use sliced rotisserie chicken in place of the turkey in this delicious hot sandwich recipe.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Salad - While you're at the deli, pick up some sliced ham to make this fabulous main dish salad. It is full of color and flavor.
- Creamy Chicken and Veggies Casserole - Tender chopped chicken and colorful frozen veggies are nestled under a crunchy butter streusel in this excellent casserole.
- Green Goddess Chicken Pasta Salad - Green Goddess salad dressing provides a pop of flavor and color in this wonderful and easy salad.
- Chicken Fried Rice - With some cold rice, eggs, and soy sauce, create your own healthier version of fried rice.
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad - This is my pasta salad recipe is packed with fresh flavor.