Add a comment
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label
|Servings: 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
The onion soup mix, spices, and some beer make up the flavorful sauce for this round steak dinner.
Substitutions and Variations
- Round steak is a good choice for the meal, but a lean chuck steak would be excellent as well.
- Feel free to use an unsalted beef or chicken stock instead of beer in this recipe.
- Add some sliced carrots or rutabaga along with the potatoes if you'd like.
- 1 large onion (quartered, sliced)
- 8 medium potatoes (quartered)
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounds round steak (cut in 6 or 8 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Steps to Make It
Combine the sliced onion and potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot.
Arrange the steak pieces over the root vegetables.
In a bowl, combine brown sugar, nutmeg, onion soup mix; sprinkle over the beef.
Pour beer over the top of the mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender.
Add salt to taste.
Serve and enjoy!