|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The onion soup mix, spices, and some beer make up the flavorful sauce for this round steak dinner.
Substitutions and Variations
- Round steak is a good choice for the meal, but a lean chuck steak would be excellent as well.
- Feel free to use an unsalted beef or chicken stock instead of beer in this recipe.
- Add some sliced carrots or rutabaga along with the potatoes if you'd like.
- 1 large onion (quartered, sliced)
- 8 medium potatoes (quartered)
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounds round steak (cut in 6 or 8 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Combine the sliced onion and potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot.
Arrange the steak pieces over the root vegetables.
In a bowl, combine brown sugar, nutmeg, onion soup mix; sprinkle over the beef.
Pour beer over the top of the mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender.
Add salt to taste.
Serve and enjoy!