This spirited marinade was shared by Doc Donald. It's a potent combination of Jack Daniel's Whiskey and Guinness Stout. If the combination seems too potent, replace the stout with apple juice or ginger ale.
Marinate steaks for 2 to 8 hours.
- 1/2 cup whiskey (Jack Daniel's)
- 12 ounces Guinness Stout
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (ground)
- 3 teaspoons salt (kosher)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a medium saucepan, combine the Jack Daniel's, Guinness Stout, and peanut oil. Add the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and Tabasco.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add the white pepper, garlic, salt, cinnamon, and honey.
- Mix well, remove the pan from the heat, and let the marinade stand until cooled to room temperature.
- Use immediately or store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
ORIGIN: Dr. Donald Houston's Kitchen, circa 1988, Tampa, FL
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|