|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: about 2 1/4 cups (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 95g||34%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||22%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A fantastic steak marinade that includes the bright flavors of pineapple juice, rum, and ginger. This marinade is a great way to turn a poor quality steak into a good steak, and a good steak into a great steak.
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 to 2 small green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a medium non-metal bowl.
Toss to combine and let stand for 15 minutes.
Add steaks to a zip top bag.
Pour marinade over steaks, seal bag and let marinate meat for 3 to 4 hours (but no more), in the refrigerator.
If you are working with a larger piece of meat, double the recipe and marinate for 6 to 8 hours.
- Making this marinade 1 day in advance and storing it in the refrigerator until ready to use will give the acids, spices, and sugar the time needed to really combine.