This simple combination of tomatoes, peppers, and corn makes a tasty side dish for any time of the year.
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 can (15 ounces), tomatoes, drained and chopped or 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut corn
- Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
Sauté sliced onion in butter in a saucepan until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add bell pepper and chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add the corn and simmer for 5 minutes, or until corn is tender.
Season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste.