Fresh lemon juice, tomatoes, and a little thyme flavor this fresh okra stir-fry recipe.
- 2 cups okra (fresh, washed, trimmed, thinly sliced)
- 1 large tomato (peeled and sliced into 8 thin wedges)
- 1/4 cup shallots (sliced, white and green)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (crushed leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare all vegetables as indicated and have ready for cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a wok or large skillet. Add vegetables and seasoning mixture all at once. Toss and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|