|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Fresh lemon juice, tomatoes, and a little thyme flavor this fresh okra stir-fry recipe. This is an easy and quick meal that you can prepare whenever you're in a rush but still want to have something flavorful.
- 2 cups okra (fresh, washed, trimmed, thinly sliced)
- 1 large tomato (peeled and sliced into 8 thin wedges)
- 1/4 cup shallots (sliced, white and green)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (crushed leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Prepare all vegetables as indicated and have ready for cooking.
In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Heat oil and butter in a wok or large skillet. Add vegetables and seasoning mixture all at once. Toss and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!