|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 19g||69%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Serve this simple veggie with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread). It is easy to prepare and absolutely delicious.
- 1 medium/250-300 gram cabbage (sliced very thinly)
- Optional: 2 medium potatoes (quartered lengthwise and then sliced thinly)
- Optional: 1 cup frozen peas (or fresh peas)
- 2 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 green chilies (chopped fine)
- 2-inch piece ginger (grated)
- 2 large tomatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (use less for less spicy)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander, chopped (for garnish)
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame. Add the mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and fry till the seeds stop spluttering.
Add the ginger and stir. Add the tomatoes and cook till they are pulpy.
If you are using peas and potatoes, add them now. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the cabbage and then the turmeric, coriander, cumin, red chilli powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
Cover, simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) and a tangy pickle.