|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The elegant strawberry cocktail recipe pairs fresh berries with premium vodka and sparkling wine. It's nice that it's served in a cocktail glass as opposed to a Champagne flute because the wider glass allows the bubbles to swell.
For the perfect finishing touch, don't forget to rim your glass before straining the drink. The sugar's sweetness is fantastic against a brut or extra brut wine, creating a sweet-dry combination that is quite stunning.
- 3 strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 ounce Champagne (or enough to fill)
- Garnish: superfine sugar (for the rim)
Gather the ingredients.
If desired, rim a cocktail glass with sugar, using a piece of lemon or strawberry to wet the rim.
Add the vodka and lemon juice.
Strain into the prepared glass.
Top with Champagne.
Serve and enjoy.
- If you're not the biggest fan of sugar rims, only do half of the glass. It gives you (and your guests) the option of sipping through the sugar or not.
- For the best muddling results, remove the green top from your strawberries, rinse them well, then cut the berries into thick slices.
- Fresh lemon juice is going to produce the best cocktail. The average lemon yields about 1 3/4 ounces of juice, which is more than enough for a few drinks.
- You can skip the fresh strawberry muddle and replace the syrup with strawberry simple syrup. This is a great way to preserve berries before they go bad so you can enjoy this cocktail over a couple of weeks. It's also a nice shortcut when you want to serve it at a party.
- Make party service even easier by mixing up the drink's base (everything except the wine) in a pitcher. Keep the proportions intact and multiply each ingredient by the number of servings needed or to fill the pitcher. Keep it cool in the refrigerator, then pour it into the serving glasses and top it with Champagne.