|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you love the flavor of a Moscow mule, then you'll enjoy this vodka ginger cocktail recipe. It is the same tasty combination of vodka and ginger, it just goes about it in a slightly different way.
This is a simple ginger-flavored drink that features the alluring combination of vodka and ginger. Where the Moscow mule uses ginger beer for its ginger flavoring, this recipe opts for a syrup. The ginger syrup is easy to make from scratch and brings in both a sweet and spicy element to the drink. The result is a softer ginger snap that's not as sweet as a mule made with ginger ale.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the ginger syrup, vodka, and lime juice.
Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
Top with a splash of club soda. Serve and enjoy.
- This is a very transparent cocktail and it deserves a clean vodka. Choose a mid-range brand that you would enjoy drinking on its own.
- The ginger syrup is just like any other simple syrup and uses fresh pieces of ginger for flavor. It is a nice mixer to keep in the fridge on a regular basis and can even be topped with club soda for a quick homemade ginger ale.
- The recipe originally called for the juice of one lime. The average lime yields between 1/2 and 1 ounce, which is a significant difference. Try the cocktail with 1/2 to 3/4 ounce and add more if desired.
- If you want to shake the flavor up a little bit, make a vanilla-ginger simple syrup.
- Add more soda and serve this as a tall drink in an ice-filled highball glass.
How Strong is the Vodka Ginger Cocktail?
This cocktail is going to stronger or weaker depending on how much soda you pour. With just a splash of club soda, it weighs in around 17 percent ABV (34 proof). If, however, you make it taller and pour 4 ounces of soda, the alcohol content is knocked down to a pleasant 5 percent ABV (10 proof). It can be a nice and mild drink if you allow it.