|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 10 2-in lollipops (10 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
I'll bet you've never seen lollipops like this before! Strawberries and Cream Lollipops are made with real strawberries, so they have a vibrant fruit taste mixed right into the sweet candy! These pops have a light vanilla flavor and have freeze-dried strawberries and sugar pearls pressed right into the lollipops for an elegant, unique look. These would make perfect gifts or shower favors!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use clear variety for clearer lollipops)
- 20 to 30 freeze-dried strawberry pieces
- 1 package sugar pearls
1. Prepare your hard candy lollipop molds by coating the cavities with a very light layer of nonstick cooking spray or vegetable oil, and wipe it out with a paper towel, leaving only a very thin layer of oil in the molds. This recipe makes 10-12 large lollipops (about 2") so make sure you have enough molds before you begin, or make several half-batches. Insert lollipop sticks into the molds and set aside for now.
2. Combine the water, granulated sugar, and corn syrup in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then wash down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming. When the sugar syrup comes to a boil, insert a candy thermometer.
3. Continue to cook the sugar syrup, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer reads 290° Fahrenheit (143° C). Remove the pan from the heat, and let the candy stop bubbling completely. Once it is still, stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Carefully spoon the hot sugar syrup into the prepared molds, making sure that the tops of the sticks are covered with syrup and are well-embedded in the candy. Quickly, press 2-3 strawberry pieces on top of each lollipop and press down gently to embed them. Scatter the sugar pearls on top of the pops and press down to embed those as well. The lollipops will start to harden soon after they're poured, so it's important to work quickly during this step.
5. Let the lollipops sit and harden at room temperature until they are completely cool and firm. Once cool, don't pull them out by the sticks. Instead, carefully flex the back of the molds to remove the lollipops without causing any breakage.
6. Lollipops keep well when stored in a cool, dry environment. For best results, wrap them individually in cling wrap and store them in an airtight container at room temperature.