|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||48%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Strawberries and cream are combined to make these delicious streusel-topped strawberry muffins. Use light cream or half-and-half in these wonderful moist muffins. Great for breakfast or a snack at any time of the day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2/3 cup half-and-half (or light cream)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries (cleaned, hulled, chopped)
- For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Gather the ingredients.
Spray muffin pan with baking spray or nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; blend well.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vanilla, eggs, and cream or half-and-half.
Add to the dry ingredients along with the melted butter and stir just until combined.
Fold in the strawberries. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
Combine the topping ingredients, using a fork, pastry blender, or fingers, working until the mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a generous amount of crumb topping.
Bake the muffins for about 20 to 25 minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Great Muffins
- Preheat the oven and put the muffins in to bake as soon as you have the muffin cups filled.
- Mix muffin batter just until ingredients are moistened.
- Don't fill the muffin cups more than 3/4 full.
- Use a toothpick to test muffins for doneness. The toothpick will come out clean when the muffins are done.
- Fruity muffins might be more prone to sticking in places. Run a knife or small metal spatula around the sides of each muffin to loosen.
- Cool muffins completely on a rack.
- To reheat, wrap muffins in foil and put in a preheated 325° oven for about 10 minutes.