This is a super-easy strawberry and blueberry dessert recipe. The berries are spooned over raspberry sherbet and yogurt or whipped cream is spooned onto the berries.
The fact that it's a red, white, and blue dessert makes it perfect for the 4th of July or any summer cookout or gathering and is a blank canvas for almost limitless variations.
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 to 2 cups blueberries
- Optional: 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (or to taste)
- 8 to 12 small scoops raspberry or strawberry sherbet
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups flavored yogurt (vanilla or lemon; or whipped cream)
- Optional: mint leaves
Gather the ingredients.
Wash berries; hull and slice the strawberries. Stem the blueberries.
Put all of the berries in a bowl and add the optional 2 to 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Let stand for about 20 minutes for the juices to come out.
Scoop half of the sherbet into four to six dessert dishes, brandy snifters, martini glasses, or other dish or glass.
Spoon half of the strawberry-blueberry mixture over the sherbet, and then top with a few tablespoons of yogurt, whipped topping or whipped cream.
Repeat with the remaining sherbet, berries, and topping. Garnish with a sprig of mint if you'd like.
- Use frozen, thawed whipped topping instead of the fresh whipped cream or yogurt.
- Top the fruit with a vanilla custard sauce instead of yogurt, or use a lemon sauce.
- Add red raspberries or blackberries to the berry mixture.
- Top the yogurt, whipped topping, or whipped cream with coarsely chopped pecans, granola, or vanilla cookie crumbs.