|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Vitamin C 57mg||283%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The strawberry vodka lemonade recipe creates an amazingly simple and refreshingly delicious cocktail. It is, quite simply, a spiked lemonade that is filled with fresh fruit, so it's an excellent summer cocktail.
Fresh strawberries are the best part of this drink. Muddling extracts their sweet juice. The smashed berries remain in the glass and are then topped with vodka and lemonade. It takes just a few minutes to mix up and the simplicity only adds to the drink's appeal.
Use this recipe for summer picnics and barbecues and other parties. You can also skip the vodka and make a fresh strawberry lemonade for the kids using the same ingredients.
4 medium strawberries, sliced
1 1/2 ounces vodka
3 ounces lemonade
Sliced strawberry, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
Add ice, followed by the vodka.
Top with the lemonade.
Garnish with strawberry slices laid out in a fan. Serve and enjoy.
- As always, feel free to use your favorite vodka in this drink. It's a fabulously fresh recipe that will show off any vodka you choose to pour.
- Choose the freshest strawberries for this cocktail. Rinse them in water and remove the stems. Cut each berry into about four or five slices to make muddling easier.
- Frozen strawberries will do. They're often already mashed, so let them warm up a bit. Muddling will break up any remaining ice and release the juice. The drink isn't as neat looking as it is with fresh berries, but you still get the delicious taste.
- Lemonade is incredibly easy to make at home. All you need is lemon juice, sugar, and water. You will find that a homemade lemonade makes a superior cocktail, whether for this recipe and any other you wish to make. Plus, you can control the balance between the sweet and tart flavors to suit your taste perfectly.
- Add a little sparkle by splitting the water in your lemonade with club soda or sparkling water. You can also add a splash to the glass.
- Make this a pitcher drink by increasing all of the ingredients in proportion.
- To preserve berries that are nearing the end of their prime, make a strawberry syrup to use in this recipe. For a single drink, start with about one ounce of syrup and adjust it to taste.
- Another option is to use strawberry syrup when making the lemonade: use it to replace the sugar syrup. It's an excellent option for a big batch, too.
- You can also build on the berry flavor by adding other fresh fruits as they come into season. Raspberries and blackberries are fun additions, as are blueberries and other fruits like apricot and mango.
How Strong Is a Strawberry Vodka Lemonade?
As long as you pour at least three ounces of lemonade, the strawberry vodka lemonade is a relatively mild cocktail. With an 80-proof vodka, it has an alcohol content of about 12 percent ABV (24 proof). This is average for tall drinks and why it's perfect for casual sipping.