For a refreshing fruity snack or breakfast that even picky eaters will love, make a strawberry smoothie. It's nutritious, with vitamins and nutrients from the fruit as well as protein from yogurt, while being fun and sweet enough to serve as a frosty dessert. Swap out your next milkshake for this smoothie and you won't be disappointed.
A strawberry smoothie can be made with fresh or frozen strawberries. If you're using fresh berries, add a few ice cubes to cool it down. If you're using frozen strawberries, look for pre-sliced frozen strawberries since they are easier to blend. Whole berries will work, too, just make sure to blend long enough to achieve a smooth consistency.
This simple smoothie is easy to customize according to your tastes or what you have on hand. Swap out part of the strawberries for a frozen ripe banana for a strawberry-banana version, or use regular yogurt for a less sweet smoothie. Replace the cranberry-raspberry juice or orange juice with other fruit juices like apple juice or white grape juice, or replace one with milk or nondairy for a creamier drink. As long as the proportions stay the same, let your imagination run wild.
Serve immediately or stash in an insulated cup with a straw and take it on the go. Smoothies are a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack, especially on a hot day, and kids will love this perfectly sweet strawberry version.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Garnish: 2 fresh strawberries
Gather the ingredients.
Place the strawberries in the bottom of a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the cranberry-raspberry juice and orange juice and top with vanilla yogurt.
Cover and immediately puree until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
Pour into glasses and garnish each with a strawberry.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Swap half of the strawberries for frozen raspberries or frozen sweet cherries
- Replace some of the strawberries for a frozen ripe banana for classic strawberry-banana flavor and added natural sweetness
- If you don't have cran-raspberry juice, replace it with more orange juice or milk for a creamier drink
- Apple juice or white grape juice is also a good swap for either fruit juices
- Use regular yogurt for a less sweet smoothie
- Swap the vanilla yogurt for strawberry yogurt
- Swap the yogurt for frozen yogurt for a more milkshake-like drink