|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 18g|
|Vitamin C 58mg||288%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The strawberry daiquiri is the most popular variation on the classic rum daiquiri and an excellent cocktail for the warm days of summer. Whether it's frozen or shaken, or the strawberries are fresh or frozen, a strawberry daiquiri made from scratch is sweet, refreshing, and irresistible. Our recipe offers easy versions of both frozen and shaken so you can pick whichever suits your preferences better.
Most often, the strawberry daiquiri is a blended cocktail served as a boozy, fresh fruit smoothie. The shaken cocktail is just as delicious and little easier to make because there's no blender involved. No matter which version of this tropical drink you choose, the same ingredients are required: rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and strawberries.
Many takes on the strawberry daiquiri exist, but your personal spin is always welcomed. Mix it up by changing the style of rum, adding more fruit, or garnishing with some fresh mint or any other edible herb or flower.
Click Play to See This Frozen and Shaken Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe Come Together
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
Gather the ingredients.
In a blender, add the rum, simple syrup, lime juice, strawberries, and ice.
Blend well at high speed until smooth.
Pour into a chilled collins or margarita glass. Garnish with fresh strawberry slices or a whole strawberry. Serve and enjoy.
Shaken Strawberry Daiquiri
Add the light rum, the lime juice, and only 1/2 ounce of simple syrup. Fill a shaker with ice and shake well.
Fine strain into a chilled cocktail or margarita glass and garnish with a strawberry. Serve and enjoy.
For Best Results
Here are some suggestions to get the best daiquiri:
- Properly wash and hull fresh berries before mixing them into the drink. Slicing the fruit speeds up the mashing process, too.
- Use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this cocktail. Frozen fruit is a great choice for the blended version (use about 1/2 cup), while fresh strawberries are excellent for the shaken daiquiri.
- For the shaken strawberry daiquiri, serve it "up" or over fresh ice, but be sure to start out with a chilled cocktail or margarita glass. Since fresh strawberries are recommended, you will find it best to fine strain this cocktail. To do so, simply place a fine-mesh strainer over your glass as you're straining. This will keep most of the strawberry chunks and tiny seeds out of your drink.
- Mix this drink with your favorite rum, any budget-friendly brand works well as the heavy fruit flavor means you don't need the best rum to achieve a wonderful character.
- If your frozen drink is too thin, add a little more ice and blend again. Too thick? Add a splash of liquid and blend.
Wonderful Additions and Substitutions
- Use a strawberry liqueur in the shaken version instead of fresh berries. Begin with 1 ounce of liqueur and adjust it to suit your taste.
- Use a spiced rum in the daiquiri. Aged rum is also a good substitution, or add an extra 1/2 ounce of dark rum along with the light rum.
- Give the drink a boost of fruit flavor by adding 1/2 ounce of an orange liqueur—such as Cointreau—or elderflower or ginger liqueurs for a nice character.
- Add herbs like basil, mint, and rosemary, all of which pair perfectly with strawberries. They can be incorporated into the muddle or blender, or you can use a flavored simple syrup.
How Strong Is the Strawberry Daiquiri?
Adding a full cup of ice to the frozen strawberry daiquiri adds volume and creates a low-proof cocktail. Though it's just an estimate, the alcohol content should be around 8 percent ABV (16 proof). The shaken daiquiri is a little more potent and will fall in the range of 12 percent ABV (24 proof). While it is light, sweet drinks like this have to be consumed with caution, as their sugary flavor will make you ask for more.