|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 cocktail (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||20%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The strawberry daiquiri is the most popular variation on the classic rum daiquiri and an excellent cocktail for the warm days of summer. Whether it's frozen or shaken or made with fresh or frozen strawberries, a made-from-scratch strawberry daiquiri is sweet, refreshing, and irresistible.
Most often, the strawberry daiquiri is blended and served as a boozy, fresh fruit smoothie. The shaken cocktail is just as delicious and a little easier because you don't need to drag out the blender. No matter which version of this tropical drink you choose, the same ingredients are required: rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and strawberries.
Everyone has their own take on the strawberry daiquiri, and both of these recipes offer a good foundation to build on. Give the drink your personal spin by choosing a specific style of rum, adding more fruit, or tossing in some other "secret" ingredient.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
Make a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
Gather the ingredients.
In a blender, add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, ice, and strawberries.
Blend well at high speed until smooth.
Pour into a chilled collins or margarita glass. Garnish with fresh strawberry slices.
Serve and enjoy!
- Use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this cocktail. Frozen fruit is a great choice for the blended version, while fresh strawberries are excellent for the shaken daiquiri.
- Properly wash and hull fresh berries before mixing them into the drink. Slicing the fruit speeds up the mashing process, too.
- If your drink is too thin, add a little more ice and blend again. Too thick? Add a splash of liquid and blend.
Make a Shaken Strawberry Daiquiri
Since fresh strawberries are recommended, you will find it best to fine strain this cocktail. To do so, simply place a fine-mesh strainer over your glass as you're straining. This will keep most of the strawberry chunks and tiny seeds out of your drink.
Add 2 ounces of light rum, 1/2 ounce of fresh lime juice, and 1/4 ounce simple syrup. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well.
Fine strain into a chilled cocktail or margarita glass and garnish with a strawberry.
Serve and enjoy!
- Use a strawberry liqueur in the shaken version instead of fresh berries. Begin with 1 ounce of liqueur and adjust it to suit your taste.
- Some people prefer spiced rum because it gives the drink more background flavor. You can also use an aged rum alone or add 1/2 ounce of dark rum along with the light rum.
- Give the drink a boost of fruit flavor by adding 1/2 ounce of an orange liqueur, such as Cointreau. Elderflower and ginger liqueurs add a nice depth as well.
- Add herbs like rosemary or basil, both of which pair perfectly with strawberries. They can be incorporated into the muddle or blender, or you can use a flavored simple syrup.
How Strong Is the Strawberry Daiquiri?