Baked strawberry dumplings are similar to a cobbler, made with fresh strawberries and sweet dumpling dough. Make the the most of strawberry season by whipping up a batch (or two!).
- In a saucepan, combine 1/3 cup sugar and the water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, the 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Place strawberries in a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish; pour hot sugar mixture over strawberries.
- Immediately drop dough evenly in 8 to 10 spoonfuls over strawberries.
- Sprinkle dumplings with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar (and a little cinnamon, if desired).
- Bake at 450 F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until dumplings are lightly browned.
- Serve hot with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|