|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||11%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 22g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The sweet strawberry kiss is a heavenly dessert drink. The easy recipe features Tequila Rose, which gives the drink its pale pink color, luscious strawberry flavor, and contributes to the tempting cream. It's a great Valentine's Day cocktail and a fun option to shake up whenever you want a drink that's sweet, delicious, and quick.
In the strawberry kiss, Tequila Rose takes center stage and it's backed up by just a small amount of rum. The flavor develops further as you add chocolate liqueur, then ramp up the rich creaminess with half-and-half. It's quite tasty and one of those almost over-the-top drinks that were developed in the 1980s and '90s when Tequila Rose was a hot commodity. You could even call it a retro cocktail if you like.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, pour the rum, chocolate liqueur, Tequila Rose, and half-and-half.
Serve and enjoy.
- For the chocolate liqueur, you have a number of options. Crème de cacao is a great one that's very sweet and not creamy, so it is the best fit considering the other cream ingredients. It would be better to use the white version to retain the pretty pink of Tequila Rose.
- Other liqueurs like Godiva are brown and most often creamy. They are delicious choices if you want to ramp up the cream and will result in a muddier pink drink. If you look, there are a few white chocolate liqueurs available.
- Tequila Rose may be one of the oldest and best-known strawberry cream liqueurs, but there are others that make great substitutes. Look for it from Irish cream brands like Baileys, Merry's, and O'Donnells.
- Mozart makes a delicious white chocolate strawberry cream liqueur. It could easily replace the recipe's tequila rose and chocolate liqueur in one pour.
- If you pour a cream chocolate liqueur, think about replacing the half-and-half with milk to balance out the thickness of the drink. Skim milk will likely be too light, but a 2 percent milk should be about perfect. Another option is to cut the half-and-half to 1/2 ounce and double up on the rum.
- There is a similar cocktail that you may enjoy as well. It's also pink, creamy, and delicious, but it has a pomegranate flavor accented with vanilla and herbs. The cocktail is called the red snapper and it's just one drink that goes by the name (a more popular one is a Crown Royal shooter). To make it, shake 1 ounce each of light rum and cream, 3/4 ounce Galliano, and a dash of grenadine, straining it into a chilled cocktail glass.