|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||38%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Didn't think you could bake a cake on the grill? Guess again. This wonderful cake is easy to prepare on the grill while you and your guests eat dinner. Serve with a nice cool scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert.
- 3 cups/710 g strawberries
- 2 cups/475 mL rhubarb
- 1 cup/240 mL sugar
- 1/2 cup/120 mL flour
- 1/2 cup/120 mL rolled oats
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL nutmeg
1. Spray an 8x8 inch grill safe baking dish with cooking spray. Mix together the sugar, flour, butter (cut into pieces), oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Arrange fruit in the baking dish and cover with mixture evenly.
2. Cover with foil and place on preheated grill. The temperature should be around 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
3. After 20 minutes remove foil and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
4. It's done when the fruit will be tender and the top a rich golden brown color. If the grill gets too hot prop the lid open an inch or two.
5. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Scoop individual servings into bowls and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.