This elegant and beautiful recipe for strawberry spinach salad is very delicious. You can use the honey cinnamon dressing for other green salads too.
The combination of strawberries and spinach may seem strange, but it has become a classic in American cuisine. The sweet and juicy strawberries are the perfect complement to the nutty and tender spinach leaves. And the honey and cinnamon in the dressing, along with the lemon juice and bit of mustard, is the perfect finishing touch to this recipe.
When buying strawberries, look for fruit that is firm, plump, and has a rich deep red color. There should be no bruises or soft spots on the berries. Baby spinach leaves should be bright green and whole, with no soft spots or broken leaves. To prepare these foods, just rinse them briefly and pat dry with kitchen towels or paper towels.
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- dash cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- In a small clean jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, honey, cinnamon, lemon juice, mustard, and salt and shake well. You can also combine these ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a wire whisk until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate the dressing until serving time.
- Combine the spinach and strawberries in a large serving bowl and toss gently to mix. You can do this ahead of time too just cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator up to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, drizzle the salad with the dressing (shake it or whisk it again first to blend) and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|