This easy spinach salad is flavored with strawberries and a red wine vinaigrette. The simple dressing may be prepared several hours before serving.
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves (torn)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (rinsed, dried, hulled)
- For the Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- In a large bowl, toss spinach with sesame seeds. Prepare strawberries, cutting large ones in half. Add strawberries to the spinach mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar or shaker; shake well then refrigerate to chill.
- To serve, pour chilled dressing over strawberry and spinach salad mixture in bowl and toss gently to distribute well.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|