These stuffed pork rolls are made with thin, boneless pork chops. The rolls are an easy preparation. And they're fancy enough for a special meal.
Boneless pork chops are flattened and stuffed with a tasty, savory breadcrumb mixture. The stuffed pork chops are made with boneless pork chops. Serve these pork rolls with scalloped potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- 8 thin boneless end loin pork chops
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons celery (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup water or chicken broth
- Pound boneless pork chops slightly to tenderize and thin out.
- Make stuffing. In a saucepan, sauté onion, parsley, and celery in butter; add 1/2 teaspoon salt, a dash of pepper and the poultry seasoning then mix with breadcrumbs. Add a little water to stuffing to moisten.
- Put a small mound of stuffing on each chop. Roll and tie with twine.
- Roll pork rolls in flour; brown in shortening in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add broth or water; cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|