|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 8-10|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||44%|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This delicious make ahead recipe is perfect for a company brunch. You can use any combination of dried fruit and preserves in place of the dried cherries and cherry preserves. In fact, some strawberries, chopped up and mixed with the cream cheese, would be wonderful. Pair it with strawberry jam and topped the finished dish with sliced stawberries.
- 16 oz. loaf French bread, cut into 24 3/4" thick slices
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Gather the ingredients.
- Spray a 13x9" glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or grease with unsalted buttter.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and dried cherries; mix well. Stir in cherry preserves to marble.
- Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese on one side of 12 bread slices. Top with remaining bread, making 12 sandwiches. Place sandwiches in prepared baking dish in a single layer. This works best if the sandwiches are in two rows across and six rows long.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, salt and cinnamon and pour over sandwiches. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, then carefully turn sandwiches over, cover tightly and refrigerate for 2-12 hours.
- When ready to eat, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Uncover baking dish and drizzle sandwiches with melted butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 28-33 minutes or until golden brown.