This delicious stuffed mushroom recipe deviates from the same old same old with calls for clams, garlic, bread crumbs and same basic seasonings. Wow your guests with new flavors.
- 2 pounds medium mushrooms (about 3 dozen)
- 1 can (6.5 ounces) minced clams
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms; mince stems and set aside. Place mushroom caps on a lightly oiled rack in broiling pan rounded side down. Set aside.
- Drain clams, reserving liquid.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Brush some butter on mushroom caps.
- In remaining butter in skillet, simmer the minced stems, garlic, and reserved liquid from clams until mushroom stems are tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in clams and remaining ingredients. Spoon clam mixture into mushroom caps.
- Move the pan to the oven and broil mushrooms for 7 to 9 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and the stuffing is browned.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|