|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
These stuffed mushrooms are an excellent way to use leftover ham, and the combination of the spinach and Mozzarella cheese is delicious.
If you don't have ham, substitute crumbled bacon, pancetta, or diced smoked sausage in this recipe.
- 1 pound large mushrooms (about 18 to 24)
- 4 tablespoons butter (plus a little for greasing baking dish)
- 4 green onions (with much of the green, trimmed)
- 1/2 cup ham (finely minced)
- 1 small clove garlic (finely minced)
- 2 cups baby spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Wash and trim the end of stems from mushrooms. Pop remaining stem out. Chop stems and set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; brush over mushrooms. Spray a shallow baking dish (about 8-inch square, or one which will fit mushrooms in one layer) with butter-flavored spray or grease with butter.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Chop green onions; combine with reserved chopped mushroom stems, ham, and garlic. Add to skillet along with the spinach; sauté until tender. Add bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to vegetable mixture; stir well. Add a little cream to moisten more if necessary.
Fill each mushroom cap with a little of the stuffing, mounding the filling. Top each filled mushroom cap with some of the shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and mushroom caps are tender.
You Might Also Like