|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
These great tasting stuffed peppers have a salmon and Parmesan cheese stuffing.
- 4 green bell peppers, split, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small can (7 1/2 ounces) salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Boil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain well. Combine onion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, egg, milk, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and salmon.
Fill pepper shells.
Mix melted butter with remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over stuffed peppers.
Place in a shallow baking dish at 400 F for 15 minutes.