|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Tuna and bread crumbs provide the savory filling for these stuffed peppers. A little lemon juice adds extra flavor to the tuna mixture.
- 4 green bell peppers (split, seeds and membrane removed)
- 1 tablespoon onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (divided)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 can/7 1/2 ounces tuna (flaked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional: shredded Cheddar, Swiss, or Parmesan cheese
- Gather the ingredients.
- Boil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain well.
- Combine onion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, egg, milk, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and tuna.
- Fill pepper shells.
- Mix melted butter with remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs; sprinkle over stuffed peppers. Place in a shallow baking dish at 400 F (200° C/Gas Mark 6) for 15 minutes.
- If desired, top with shredded cheese 5 minutes before the peppers are finished baking.