|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6-8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This sausage stuffed summer squash is topped with a little Parmesan cheese.
- 4 medium yellow squash
- 4 ounces fresh sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices fresh bread, crumbled
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Boil squash whole until just tender; about 6 minutes. Drain and carefully split the squash lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out pulp, taking care not to break the outer shells.
2. Set pulp aside. Place squash shells in a baking dish.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage with onion. Add salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat. Add squash pulp, bread crumbs, and seasoned salt. Add a little water if the mixture is too dry.
4. Stuff squash shells with the sausage mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot and browned.