Quick and easy vegetarian stuffed tomatoes. What makes these stuffed tomatoes so quick and easy to prepare? The secret is that they aren't actually stuffed! These tomatoes have a filling piled on top rather than stuffed inside, making them the quickest and easiest stuffed tomato recipe you'll ever find. Perfect for dinner, as a vegetarian side dish or a simple vegetarian appetizer.
If you like these super easy vegetarian stuffed tomatoes, you might also want to try these equally easy pesto and breadcrumb stuffed tomatoes.
- 4 medium-large tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, regular orpanko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes in half and place cut-side up on a lightly greased baking sheet or muffin tin. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted margarine, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil or Italian seasoning. Place a generous spoonful of the breadcrumb mixture securely on top of each tomato.
- Bake tomatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until the bread crumbs on top are lightly golden brown. Enjoy!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|