- 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped small
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1/3 cup green peas, cooked
- 2/3 cup leftover cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated vegan cheese, any kind plus extra for topping
- 4 medium large tomatoes
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare tomatoes by slicing a bit off the top, then scooping out the inner pulp. Place each tomato in a muffin tin, or, slice a bit off the bottom to create a flat surface and place on a baking sheet.
Sautee the onion and green bell pepper in oil until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add peas, rice and garlic and onion powder, stirring to combine, then remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup grated vegan cheese.
Gently fill each tomato with the rice and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle a bit of extra vegan cheese on the top of each tomato.
Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until tomatoes are cooked and cheese is melted.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|