I adapted this recipe for sugar cookies on a stick from Wilton. The dough can either be rolled and cut or pressed into molds like the which has recessed notches for the sticks. The dough can be dyed and sprinkled with colored sugars before baking, or dipped in and decorated, or iced with buttercream or royal icing and then decorated.
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place rack in center of oven and heat to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter-sugar in three additions, mixing after each addition.
- If pressing into a cookie pan mold, do not chill the dough. Coat cookie pan mold with cooking spray and press dough half way up the cavities of the pan. If using the Blossom Pops Cookie Pan, place 2.5 ounces in each cavity, and fill the cavities three times for a total of 12 cookies. (My advice is to attach the lollipop sticks to the back of the cookie with royal icing AFTER they are baked. When they are baked into the cookies, the end of the sticks tends to burn.) Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If rolling and cutting out cookies with this recipe, chill the dough at least 1 hour. Roll between lightly floured sheets of parchment paper, cut out shapes leaving at least 1 1/2 inches between each cookie, and bake as above. Cool cookies and decorate.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|