|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 pie crust (1 portion)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 35g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 66g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Did you know you can make a completely sugar-free and vegan pie crust using just two ingredients? It's true! A sugar-free graham cracker pie crust is an easy, delicious option for many pies, and it is far less time consuming and takes less skill than a standard pastry crust.
Cream pies, frozen pies, cheesecakes, key lime, and icebox pies are all wonderful with graham cracker or crumb crusts.
Just like other graham cracker crust recipes, you don't need much to make this sugar-free graham cracker pie crust recipe. Just use sugar-free graham crackers and a bit of melted butter or margarine.
- 1/4 cup butter (or vegan margarine, melted)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the margarine and graham cracker crumbs with a wooden spoon.
Press the crumbs firmly over bottom and up sides of a pie plate.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until set.
- This recipe does not contain any added sugar, but it will contain sugar if the graham crackers you buy contain sugar. Read labels and watch out for hidden sweeteners, if that's important to you.
- To make graham cracker crumbs, put the graham crackers in a plastic food storage bag, seal the bag, and use a rolling pin to crush the crackers until the crumbs are fine. You may also opt to put the crackers in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- It takes about 14 graham cracker squares to make 1 cup of fine graham cracker crumbs.
- This recipe calls for baking the pie crust, which is the best option if you are making a no-bake pie. For pies such as cheesecakes or key lime pies, you may want to skip baking the crust before, and simply chill it in the refrigerator or freezer before using.
Looking for more ideas? Try these other graham cracker pie crust variations.
- Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Crust Recipe: Smooth or crunchy peanut butter takes the place of melted butter and is worked into the graham cracker crumbs along with sugar and a little water. This is a no-bake crust that is great with a chocolate cream filling.
- Vegan Graham Cracker Crust Recipe: This vegan version is made with a melted vegan butter substitute, graham crackers, and sugar.
- Dairy-Free Graham Cracker Crust Recipe: For those who can't tolerate butter, this crust is made with oil, agave nectar or maple syrup and dairy-free graham cracker crumbs.