Looking for a way to use up your fresh, summer peaches? Try making Peach Fritters, a sweet fried dough that is a delicious treat for your friends and family.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted, or vegetable oil)
- 1-1/4 cups peaches (diced)
- Garnish: granulated sugar
- 1 bottle of oil for fryer or deep frying pan
- With a wire whisk, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk in eggs, milk and butter.
- Fold in peaches.
- Heat oil in fryer or pan to 375 degrees F.
- With a long-handled ladle, ladle about 1/4 -1/2 cup batter into hot oil. The batter will sink at first and then rise. Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes, depending on the size of fritters.
- Remove fritters from oil with long-handled tongs. Quickly drain on paper towels or newspaper.
- One by one, place each fritter in a bowl of sugar. Coat both sides. Place on serving plate. Serve warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|