|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 104g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 24g||86%|
|Total Sugars 53g|
|Vitamin C 379mg||1,896%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Few things are more refreshing than an ice-cold glass of sweet tea on a hot summer day. It's even better when you spike that tea with whisky, and this summer peach tea recipe does that in a deliciously simple way.
The cocktail pairs the smooth taste of a blended Canadian whisky with the sweetness of a peach liqueur. Once you brew your favorite iced tea, it comes together quickly. The recipe is also easy to increase, and a perfect pitcher beverage for barbecues or a casual afternoon on the patio with friends.
“Summer Peach Tea Cocktail is a delicious refresher for those that don't even typically lean towards dark liquors because it is fruity and fabulous. The brewed black tea marries well with the Canadian whiskey and the peach liqueur adds a gentle sweetness and curiosity that brings out the vanilla hint of the whiskey.” —Mary Jo Romano
Gather the ingredients.
In a highball glass filled with ice, pour the Canadian whisky and peach liqueur.
Top with iced tea and stir briefly to incorporate.
Garnish with a lemon wedge and slices of fresh peach. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe is best when made with a very smooth Canadian whisky.
- Choose a peach liqueur or schnapps with a very sweet, full-peach flavor for this recipe. The liqueur serves as a sweetener, taking the place of any sugar or syrups that are common in sweet tea.
- To make this drink by the pitcher, increase the ingredients in proportion. For a 60 ounce pitcher, combine 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) each of the whisky and peach liqueur and 5 cups (40 ounces) of iced tea. Mix and keep it chilled, then pour into ice-filled glasses.
- This iced tea recipe is an excellent use for peach-flavored whiskey. Look for peach whiskey from brands like Crown Royal, Jim Beam, Ole Smoky, and Revel Stoke. You can keep the peach liqueur for double the fruit flavor or switch to another sweetener, such as simple syrup.
- Add sparkle with a splash of club soda or ginger ale.
- Split the tea with an equal part of lemonade for a fun twist on the spiked Arnold Palmer.
- If you'd like to take a break from whiskey, pour a shot of rum, tequila, or vodka in this cocktail instead.
How Strong Is the Summer Peach Tea?
A smooth, slow sipper, this summer peach tea is a rather mild cocktail, which is why it is so perfect for a spring or summer afternoon. When made with an 80-proof whisky, it should fall in the 9 percent ABV (18 proof) range. It's similar to drinking a light glass of wine, only fruitier and more refreshing.
Which Type of Tea Makes the Best Iced Tea?
The iced tea can transform this drink into an entirely different experience every time. Begin with your favorite tea blend for iced tea, then play with it to bring in various flavor profiles. Black teas are a good universal place to begin, offering that classic iced tea taste. Green teas have more of a vegetal profile, while herbal teas (or tisanes) create a lighter foundation with a floral aspect.