This pasta salad may be made with crabmeat, shrimp, lobster, or a combination of shellfish. Canned shrimp and/or imitation crabmeat work well.
- 4 cups cooked pasta, spiral or shell
frozen peas, thawed
chopped green pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 cups shredded imitation crab meat (or a combination of crabmeat and small shrimp)
- 2 cups ranch or peppercorn ranch dressing
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- (Optional) 1/2 cup Optional: 1/2 cup carrot (finely shredded)
- (Optional) 1/2 cup Optional: 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Gather the ingredients.
Cook pasta until done but not overcooked.
Cool under cold running water; drain well.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Toss gently but blend thoroughly.
Refrigerate the salad for 3 to 4 hours. If the texture is dry add more dressing, top with tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
- This is a creamy pasta salad, but we prefer this to the ones with oily dressings. You can also substitute small frozen shrimp. Be sure the shrimp are thawed and well-drained on paper towels or the salad will be watery.