This pasta salad may be made with crabmeat, shrimp, lobster, or a combination of shellfish. Canned shrimp and/or imitation crabmeat work well.
- 4 cups spiral or shell pasta (or any you prefer, cooked and drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (or mixed cheese, finely shredded)
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups imitation crabmeat (shredded, or a combination of crabmeat and small shrimp)
- 2 cups Ranch or Peppercorn Ranch Dressing (bottled)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- Optional: 1/2 cup carrot (finely shredded)
- Optional: 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
Gather the ingredients.
Cook pasta until done but not overcooked.
Cool under cold running water; drain well.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Toss gently but blend thoroughly.
Refrigerate the salad for 3 to 4 hours. If the texture is dry add more dressing, top with tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
- This is a creamy pasta salad, but we prefer this to the ones with oily dressings. You can also substitute small frozen shrimp. Be sure the shrimp are thawed and well-drained on paper towels or the salad will be watery.