This pasta salad may be made with crabmeat, shrimp, lobster, or a combination of shellfish. Canned shrimp and/or imitation crabmeat work well.
- 4 cups cooked and drained spiral or shell pasta or (any you prefer)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups fine shredded cheese (cheddar or mixed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot (may omit)
- 2 cups imitation crabmeat shredded, or a combination of crabmeat and small shrimp
- 2 cups Ranch or Peppercorn Ranch Dressing (bottled)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta until done but not overcooked. Cool under cold running water; drain well.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Toss gently but blend thoroughly.
- Refrigerate the salad for 3 to 4 hours. If the texture is dry add more dressing, top with tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
Notes: This is a creamy pasta salad but we prefer this to the ones with oily dressings.
You can also substitute small frozen shrimp, (be sure they are thawed and well drained on paper towels or the salad will be watery.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|