|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 49g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 11g|
|Vitamin C 38mg||190%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This pasta salad may be made with crabmeat, shrimp, lobster, or a combination of shellfish. Canned shrimp and/or imitation crabmeat work well.
- 4 cups cooked pasta, spiral or shell
frozen peas, thawed
chopped green pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 cups shredded imitation crab meat (or a combination of crabmeat and small shrimp)
- 2 cups ranch or peppercorn ranch dressing
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- (Optional) 1/2 cup Optional: 1/2 cup carrot (finely shredded)
- (Optional) 1/2 cup Optional: 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Gather the ingredients.
Cook pasta until done but not overcooked.
Cool under cold running water; drain well.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Toss gently but blend thoroughly.
Refrigerate the salad for 3 to 4 hours. If the texture is dry add more dressing, top with tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
- This is a creamy pasta salad, but we prefer this to the ones with oily dressings. You can also substitute small frozen shrimp. Be sure the shrimp are thawed and well-drained on paper towels or the salad will be watery.