Watermelon and parsley? Oddly enough, they are a great match and the featured ingredients in this fun and refreshing summer punch from Ciroc Vodka. It may be the parsley that throws you off, but it really does work! You'll be pleasantly surprised and left wondering about other drinks where it could be useful as well.
Ciroc is a very smooth vodka and an ideal base for this nicely crafted drink in which everything just seems to come together perfectly. The sparkling pink lemonade is a must and should be easy to find at most grocers, but you may like it better with a homemade version. It's a better match since this cocktail relies so much on fresh ingredients.
Gather the ingredients.
Add remaining ingredients and ice, and shake well.
Top with sparkling pink lemonade and garnish with assorted fruits.
Serve and enjoy!
- By rimming just half the glass with sugar, you can choose to drink out of either side as you see fit. It's a fantastic option for any cocktail—including margaritas—because you're not fully committed to drinking through the sugar.
- Making your own pink lemonade is incredibly easy. While some recipes use the "juice" from a maraschino cherry jar, cranberry juice is the best option. Simply make fresh-squeezed lemonade and add 1/2 cup of cranberry juice for every 2 cups of water.
- To add sparkle to any still pink lemonade, simply add a little club soda or sparkling wine.
This is a perfect recipe to mix up in a pitcher so it's ready to serve a small party of four to six people (though you can make as much as you like). When converting it to a large drink, you'll find it best to increase the volume with sparkling lemonade (or a combination of pink lemonade and sparkling wine).
- The average pitcher holds just over 60 ounces and you want to leave room for ice. In this case, begin by muddling 3 large slices of watermelon (or enough to get 1 cup of juice) with about 1/4 cup of parsley leaves. Let the herb steep in the fruit juice for about 1 hour. Strain the fruit and herb pieces from the juice and pour it into a pitcher. Add 1 1/2 cups of vodka along with 3/4 cup each lemon juice and agave nectar. Just before serving, fill the pitcher with ice, then top with sparkling pink lemonade.
- Stir the drink and give it a taste. Add more agave nectar or one of the juices to taste.
How Strong Is a Summertime Fruit Punch Lemonade?
As a single cocktail, this recipe is pleasantly mild. It should shake up to just about 10 percent ABV (20 proof), which is similar to drinking a glass of wine.