|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||77%|
|Total Carbohydrate 62g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
I have many different incarnations of pasta with creamy sauces. The easiest, of course, is Spaghetti Carbonara, which is made of pasta mixed with eggs, cream, cheese, and bacon. I developed, because of a snowstorm and missing ingredients, Fettuccine Carbonnaise, which is a variation on that dish made with mayonnaise instead of cream to add richness and creaminess. And I love Creamy Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce, which is made from pasta sauce, spaghetti, and cream cheese.
So this recipe is a combination of many of them, and I think I like it ever better! It uses spaghetti, cream cheese, milk, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and bacon to make the creamiest Pasta Alfredo ever.
You can use other types of long pasta if you'd like. It would work with spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, or cavatappi, which is a long spiral pasta. I liked using the type of pasta that's made with whole grains (not whole wheat pasta, which is too intensely flavored for this recipe).
Just make sure the pasta is cooked al dente (or "to the tooth") and that you eat this as soon as it's made. This pasta really can't wait around, because the sauce will continue thickening as it stands.
Serve with a crisp and cool green salad tossed with a simple vinaigrette or a spicy honey mustard dressing, some toasted garlic bread, and white wine. And for dessert, an ice cream pie would be perfect. Enjoy every bite of this easy meal.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Gather the ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk, and cream. Microwave on high for 1 minute, then remove from the microwave oven and stir with a wire whisk. Microwave for 1 minute longer, remove, and stir again until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese into the cream cheese mixture with a wire whisk and set aside.
- Cook the pasta when the water comes to a boil until just al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water in a small bowl, then drain the pasta into a colander placed in the sink.
- Return the pasta to the hot pot and immediately stir in the cream cheese mixture, adding enough reserved pasta water as needed to make a smooth and creamy sauce. Stir in the bacon.
- Serve immediately, topped with more Parmesan cheese.