This easy, foolproof chocolate fudge is a snap to make with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and a little butter. If you use the microwave to heat the mixture, be sure to stir it frequently until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is well blended.
The fudge is one of our most popular fudge recipes, not only because of the great flavor and texture but also because it is incredibly easy to make. Just blend the ingredients together, melt, and spread.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan; line with a piece of plastic wrap about 18 to 24 inches in length, leaving the ends out to cover the finished fudge. The ends will also serve as "handles" which will help you lift the fudge out of the pan.
- In a double boiler or stainless steel bowl over simmering water, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts, if using;. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spread gently then cover lightly with the ends of the plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator until the fudge is firm.
- Lift the chilled fudge out of the pan and cut into small squares.
Tips and Variations
- For rocky road fudge, stir in about 1 cup of miniature marshmallows and replace the chopped nuts with 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts.
- Gently press about 1/2 cup of brickle bits into the top of the fudge just before you put it in the refrigerator.
- Top the fudge with crushed peppermint sticks or candy canes.
- Add chopped red and green candied cherries to the fudge in place of or in addition to the chopped nuts.
- With toasted coconut: Spread about 1/2 cup of flaked sweetened coconut out in a single layer in a skillet. Place the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring and turning constantly, until the coconut is lightly browned. Stir the coconut into the fudge along with the nuts, if using.
- Replace the walnuts or pecans with 1 cup of lightly toasted pistachios or chopped toasted macadamia nuts.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of bourbon or rum into the fudge along with the vanilla.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped dried cherries to the fudge along with the nuts.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|