|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 35g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 19g||93%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Susan's breakfast casserole recipe is made with eggs, bacon or sausage, and cheese. This is an excellent choice for a busy weekend family breakfast or for a holiday morning. This casserole can also be prepared the night before. Just cover it, refrigerate it overnight, and pop it in the oven in the morning!
This is a popular breakfast casserole recipe, and it is really quite versatile.
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Grease the bottom of a 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
Tear 4 slices of bread into small pieces and place in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle cooked crumbled bacon or sausage over bread pieces. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the bacon or sausage.
In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and mustard; pour over the cheese layer.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- Make-Ahead: This casserole can be prepared and refrigerated, unbaked, overnight. Just take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking.
- Use diced leftover or deli ham in place of the bacon or sausage.
- Omit the bacon or sausage for a vegetarian version of the recipe.
- Replace the sliced bread with torn croissants, English muffins, or biscuits.
- Add some sautéed onions and peppers for a brunch dish.