Get a little creepy with this swampy cocktail that is perfect for a Halloween party. The Swamp Water Surprise is, admittedly, more gimmick than anything else, though the rum-orange mix is not half bad.
If you want to add to the murkiness, use orange juice with a lot of pulp. The optional "surprise" is a plasma-like substance made of spiked gelatin that floats in the murky-colored liquid and it can be any color/flavor you like - there really are no 'rules' with this one.
More Halloween-Inspired Cocktails
- Pour the rum, blue curaçao, and juices into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
The Surprise: (optional)
Prepare ahead of time so that it's ready when you've finished shaking the Swamp Water.
- Dissolve the Jell-O in boiling water.
- Add the vodka and set it in the freezer.
- Just before the Jell-O gels up, whip it with a whisk.
- Let it set for at least 5 minutes.
- Carefully spoon The Surprise into the glass of Swamp Water.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|