Launa's tasty Swedish meatballs are prepared and baked, and then they are briefly cooked with the sauce ingredients in the slow cooker. The meatballs and sauce may be cooked on the stovetop as well. The Condensed cream of mushroom soup is used to make the easy creamy sour cream sauce.
Serve the meatballs with hot cooked noodles or rice. They're great with mashed potatoes, too.
Favorite Swedish Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound country-style breakfast sausage (or favorite ground sausage)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- For the Sauce:
- 2 10.34 ounce cans condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef and sausage, egg, ketchup, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, mustard, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend thoroughly and then shape the mixture into small meatballs. Place on a rimmed foil-lined baking sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- In a medium bowl mix the sauce ingredients together. Place meatballs and sauce in a crockpot. Cook on HIGH for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the sauce is hot.
- The mixture may also be cooked on the stovetop. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook for about 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- Use as a main dish served over rice or noodles or as an appetizer served with toothpicks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|