Hot dogs are sliced and cooked in a sweet and sour sauce. Serve sweet and sour hot dogs with hot cooked rice.
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 hot dogs (cut in slices)
- 4 servings hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup or juice. In a heavy skillet over low heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and green bell pepper; cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Mix together cornstarch, sugar, salt, then stir in pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce and bouillon.
- Pour pineapple juice mixture over cooked onion and green pepper in saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture and bubbly; add hot dog slices and pineapple. Heat through; serve hot dogs over rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|