Pineapple flavors the sauce for this dish and chopped water chestnuts give the meatballs a little crunch.
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water chestnuts (chopped)
- 3/4 cup oats (quick)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- For the Sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 8 or 9 ounces pineapple (1 can tidbits, drained)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (green, chopped)
- Combine meatball ingredients.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and brown on all sides in oil.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine sugar, beef bouillon, vinegar, cornstarch, and 2 teaspoons soy sauce in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Boil sauce mixture until thickened; stir in pineapple, green pepper, and meatballs.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)