|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 dozen (8 to 12 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Pineapple flavors the sauce for this dish and chopped water chestnuts give the meatballs a little crunch.
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water chestnuts (chopped)
- 3/4 cup oats (quick)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- For the Sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 8 or 9 ounces pineapple (1 can tidbits, drained)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (green, chopped)
Combine meatball ingredients.
Shape into 1-inch balls and brown on all sides in oil.
Drain and set aside.
Combine sugar, beef bouillon, vinegar, cornstarch, and 2 teaspoons soy sauce in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
Boil sauce mixture until thickened; stir in pineapple, green pepper, and meatballs.
Simmer for 30 minutes.