- 1 large 20-ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin (trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 large onion (cut in chunks)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Drain juice from pineapple
- Pour juice in a Dutch oven.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, salt, ginger, and 1/2 cup water; stir until smooth.
- Add pork and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Add onion, green pepper, red pepper, and pineapple chunks.
- Simmer 10 minutes longer, or until onion and peppers are just tender.
- Put cornstarch in a cup and stir in 3 tablespoons water.
- Stir into pork and juices and heat to boiling
- Reduce heat, and simmer the sweet and sour pork for 1 minute.
- Serve sweet and sour pork with rice, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|