An easy and flavorful sauce makes these pork chops a perfect dish for a weeknight family meal. Serve these pork chops with hot boiled basmati or regular rice.
- 4 to 6 pork chops, 3/4- to 1-inch thick
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoonssoy sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut in rings
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, brown the pork chops on both sides. Add the broth, vinegar, brown sugar, onion, soy sauce, pineapple, and green pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir cornstarch into the 2 tablespoons of water until smooth. Remove pork chops to a serving dish. Add cornstarch to the sauce mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened and clear. Serve over the pork chops.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|