Sweet and sour pork with pork loin and pineapple, along with seasonings.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut pork slices into strips about 3 inches long and 1/2 to 1 inch wide.
- Sauté the pork strips in a skillet or sauté pan in hot oil over medium heat until lightly browned; drain.
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
- Combine pineapple juice, 3/4 cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and salt; pour over pork in skillet. Cover and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- In a cup, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water; stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to pork mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add pineapple chunks, onion and green pepper to the pork. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|