- 1/4 cup/60 mL paprika
- 1/4 cup/60 mL mild or medium chili powder
- 1/4 cup/60 mL brown sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cayenne
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Apply about 2 tablespoons/30 mL of rub to each side of the rack. Prepare smoker and add ribs. Store rub in an air tight container in a cool, dry place for up 6 months.
2. To use rub in a marinade, simply combine 1/4 cup/60 mL of mixture with 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup acid of some kind such as lime or lemon juice or cider vinegar, plus 2 tablespoons/ mL water. Mix thoroughly until well dissolved.
Pour over ribs, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in refrigerator for 6-12 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|