This sweet and spicy vegetarian sandwich is packed full of vibrant colors and exotic flavors. Seared salty halloumi cheese is stacked high with sweet roasted Delicata squash, lemony brussels sprouts slaw, and a sweet and spicy raspberry Harissa jam with tart greek yogurt. It's every vegetarians dream but it also holds up to even the highest of meat-eaters expectations.
- For the Roasted Squash:
- 1 small delicata squash (seeds removed and cut into rings)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 dash cinnamon
- a few pinches of salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- a few dashes of cayenne pepper
- For the raspberry harissa jam:
- 1 tbsp. raspberry jam
- 1/2 tbsp. harissa paste
- For the brussel sprout slaw:
- 1/2 cup brussels sprouts (shredded)
- 1 tbsp. parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tbsp. bavarian mustard
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- For the Sandwich:
- 2 slices of rosemary sourdough bread
- 2 slices of Halloumi (seared until crispy)
- 1.5 tbsp. raspberry harissa jam
- 1 tbsp. plain greek yogurt
For the Roasted Squash
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Toss delicata squash rings in olive oil, cinnamon, salt, honey, and cayenne pepper. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until tender and beginning to caramelize.
For the Raspberry Harissa Jam
Mix raspberry jam and harissa paste and set aside to meld.
For the Brussels Slaw
Place shredded sprouts in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, sherry, honey, mustard, lemon, salt and garlic powder until combined.
Add the wet mixture to the sprouts and stir to coat. Set aside.
For the Sandwich
Toast your bread. Smear one side with greek yogurt and top with brussels sprouts slaw, the seared halloumi cheese and the roasted squash. Smear the raspberry harissa jam onto the remaining piece of bread and place it on top. Serve immediately.