This tomato-based sauce has a sweet yet tangy flavor from the bourbon. This is a great barbecue sauce for just about anything but is particularly good on beef, poultry, and pork. I also recommend using this on pork ribs.
- 3/4 cup/180 mL ketchup
- 1/2 cup/120 mL maple syrup
- 1/4 cup/60 mL bourbon
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Dijon-style mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL black pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and cook for 15-20 seconds until it becomes fragrant. Add ketchup and maple syrup, cider vinegar, and bourbon. Simmer over low heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Add Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper. Simmer for 3-4 more minutes. Remove from heat and let sauce cool for 5-10 minutes before using.
- If you are making sauce a day ahead of time, follow above instructions, but let sauce cool for 20-30 minutes. Place into an air tight container and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation.
- Use sauce as a baste while meat is on the grill or serve on the side once grilled meat is plated.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|